We have finished carrying out our work on HTTPS and now all of your websites have now been moved onto secure domains. This task took up a lot of development resource, but we’re delighted that now we have all of our websites sitting on HTTPS.
The benefits of being on HTTPS
There are a number of benefits to having your website on HTTPS. Here are some of the key positives to the change:
- Improved security – Sites on HTTPS are much more secure than those on HTTP and are less vulnerable to attacks.
- Faster page load times – HTTPS sites are generally faster, so dealers can expect to see their websites speeding up in the near future.
- Improvements to rankings – Google loves a secure website and is likely to prefer a HTTPS site over a non-HTTPS site.
- User confidence – There has been a lot of coverage on the importance of HTTPS. Most noticeably that HTTPS sites show af padlock icon in the main web browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Opera.
What have we done?
To make the process as smooth as possible we’ve carried out the below actions for every customer alongside making your website HTTPS:
- Moved all URLS to HTTPS.
- Set up redirects on all HTTP links to HTTPS.
- All on-site content and internal links are on HTTPS.
- New Google Search Console account for HTTPS.
- Google Analytics to reference HTTPS whilst also annotating when HTTPS was applied.
Steps you should take
Whilst we have carried out all of the above work, there are still some steps that you should take. We would highly recommend that you do the following:
- Ensure that all external links that point to your website are directed to the new HTTPS version of your site.
- Make sure that you update the links from your social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) so they point to the HTTPS version of your website.
- Update any tracking or search tools you may be using to ensure they are pointing to the correct HTTPS version of your website.
- If you have any questions regarding HTTPS then don’t hesitate to get in touch.